Not all Self Care Sundays are for pampering. Sometimes you need to get things done. But 5 shots of espresso isn’t always the healthiest answer to this problem. Especially when you’re a coffee addict that’s trying to keep herself to only one cup of coffee a day. So to solve this motivation problem, I turn to essential oils.
The only thing is you’re probably sitting in front of your laptop (or smartphone) with a mug of coffee in one hand and a top knot piled on your head, reeeeeeeeally slowly working yourself up to the start of your day. Or maybe you’re leaning over your desk and wishing the lights overhead weren’t so bright and your coffee cup wasn’t so empty (or tax season wasn’t so near). Motivation is near impossible in the morning (especially for me.. I’m the opposite of a morning person). Luckily there are a number of essential oils for motivation you can turn to.
Put some Pep in your Step
We’re three months into 2018 after all so I figured we could all use a little motivation. It’s no secret aromatherapy can do wonders for our mood but it can also help us muster up some inspiration and get down to work. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Peppermint – This oil is amazing for those early mornings when you can’t keep your eyes open. It certainly puts a little pep in your step! I recommend just taking a whiff out of the bottle when you need a little boost or diffusing it to fill your space with it’s energizing aroma. [link]
- Lemon (or any citrus like Orange or Grapefruit) – Any citrus oil will do wonders for your mood, replacing the rain clouds with sunshine and happiness. They also blend perfectly with other oils (I love to diffuse a combo of peppermint & orange – so yum!). [link]
- Envision – This oil blend is perfect if you need renewed faith in the future and a boost of creativity. The blend of Black Spruce, Geranium, Orange, Lavender, Sage and Rose combines to promote feelings of excitement and positivity for the future to help get you out of your head. [link]
- Motivation – I’m sure this blend speaks for itself. It certainly wasn’t named Motivation for no reason. With it’s blend of Roman Chamomile, Black Spruce, Lavender and Ylang Ylang this one is perfect to diffuse at your desk to give you the mental boost you need. [link]
- Frankincense – This is my first choice whenever I need to buckle down and get some work done. Without fail, my brain is always full of dozens of ideas buzzing around and Frank is perfect when I need a little grounding to bring my head out of the clouds and refocus on the task at hand. I’ll often diffuse it (add a few drops of peppermint for extra focus) or apply it topically to my wrists or lava bead jewelry. [link]
We could all use a little help with motivation from time to time in the daily hustle of life. But these recommendations should give you a boost (while smelling delicious – you won’t want to leave your office). Now go out there and get shit done!
Let me guess, you’re a essential oil lover like me?
You’re in good company around here! Why not stay a while and read about some more? Here are some of my personal favorites: