Hey there you! I’m the Kerra in Kerra Sun Creative and I’m so very happy to have you here.
This site started as a space to talk about natural skincare, but it’s slowly evolved into something bigger. Now it’s a space for content intended to help you create a life you love and products meant to inspire you.
See I’m one of those classic Geminis with far too many interests and far too little time. I hope from topic to topic trying to learn all I can before getting distracted and jumping to the next. After looking at all of these interests of mine, it became obvious they centered around one thing: creating a life I love. From plant-based personal care to eco-friendly wardrobe choices, I’m constantly trying to make the best decisions for my health and my planet. Not to mention I’m a graphic designer with a love of bright colors and graphic patterns who wants to fill my life (and my home) with a rainbow of inspiration.
But underneath this kaleidoscope of passions and personality is a deep-seated insecurity in my skills as a designer and my worth as a human being (oh dang this got real dark real quick..). After a year of deep introspection, I’ve come to terms with these insecurities and I’ve decided to go along side them in even the darkest corners and try to shine a little light. This process involves me creating a lot of things and pushing my little baby bird designs straight out of the nest to see if they can fly. No more hesitation. No more procrastination disguised as perfectionism.
Beyond that, I’m going to bring you guys on my journey towards a more sustainable and natural lifestyle as I build my home sweet home with my boyfriend Mike, my fur beast Freya and stripey boy Jackson. This journey will involve blog posts and freebies out the wazoo as I design my way to the life I want to live. I thoroughly believe that the solution to any problem is almost always a good design.
While this content and these products are an extension of me and my soul, they’re also a reflection of you. Of what you like and comment on and send all the praise-hand emojis about. We’re in this thing together to create lives we all want to live. So be sure to follow me on all the social media (insta & fbook) to rant and rave about all of our favorite (and not so favorite) things. I promise lots of stories about my crazy cats (where I’ll probably be wearing the same pajamas in the background day after day..)
Oh…still here? Here’s a little bonus..seven extremely fun facts about me:
- My skin care routine cannot exist without Jojoba Oil & Witch Hazel
- I’m an animal lover and can often be found cuddling my cats Freya (fur beast) & Jackson (stripey baby) against their will.
- My favorite scents in the world are Northern Lights Black Spruce, every citrus fruit & freshly brewed coffee in the morning.
- I’m an eternal optimist – I could find the bright side to nearly any situation.
- I’ve had jobs in cities like Cincinnati, Baltimore and San Francisco but no city has stolen my heart away like New York City has. It will always be home to me, no matter how long it’s been.
- I’m drawn to the water like a moth is drawn to flame. There’s something so soothing and soul invigorating about being by water. It’s without a doubt the best part of living in Southern Maryland.
- I spend a lot of time on self improvement and trying to understand my personality strengths and weaknesses. I identify as a Type Seven on the Enneagram and have both my sun and moon in Gemini. So everything about my results points to me being an enthusiastic scatterbrain. My Myer Briggs results came back as ENFP and I’m constantly trying to live up to those results. Sometimes I feel a little more introverted than I wish I was. I’m working on it.